Layers of Love
I am glad to share with you all this recipe. Carob tree had a lot of presence in my childhood in Argentina where I grew up and just after my thirty years I could understand how to prepare it at my laboratory kitchen. A world of flavours in the mouth and a very unique aroma. A special combination in this time of year that we began to incorporate some touches with citrus to stimulate the organs after a long and dark winter. A combination to awaken the body and emotions.
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 2 glass Apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Agar Agar
- 2 glass Rice milk
- 2 teaspoons Kuzu
- 2 teaspoons Carob
- 2 teaspoons Rice or maple syrup
- Dried coconut Flakes for topping
- Place pot of water on the stove on a high heat, add sweet potatoes, cover and bring to a boil.
- After about 10 minutes, when the sweet potatoes have softened, remove the lid and puncture the sweet potatoes with a sharp paring knife to hasten the cooking process. When done, remove the pot from the heat and pour off the hot water. Cool the sweet potatoes by allowing them to sit in a colander. Alternatively, cool them by placing them under cold, running water.
- Cut off the sweet potato's tip and scrape off the skin, using your knife.
- With a blender or hand mixer, blend the potatoes and slowly add apple juice to desired texture.
- Dissolve agar flakes in 1 glass of apple juice. Mix all together and bring the preparation to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Place in individual bowls.
- Dilute Kuzu in half a glass of cold milk of rice and stir. Mix carob and syrup and cook until creamy.
- Place as a last layer and garnish with dried coconut flakes to taste.