Sweetcorn and Tofu Scramble
This is a simple to make and tasty protein-rich dish that uses seasonal sweetcorn and onions. In this recipe you can use fresh sweetcorn, removing the kernels from the cob with a sharp knife, or you can use frozen organic sweetcorn. The sweet taste of this dish supports our stomach and spleen energy.
Servings 3 people
- 2 medium white onions cut into half moons
- 2 ears of sweetcorn with kernels removed from the cob or ½ a pack of frozen sweetcorn
- 1 block of fresh firm tofu
- 1 Tbs shoyu or tamari
- 1 tsp mirin rice wine or 1tsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ bunch of spring onions chopped
- 1 tsp sesame or olive oil
- Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan, add the sliced onions and sautee until soft and transparent.
- Add the sweetcorn kernels and cook until tender (about 4 mins) stirring constantly.
- Take the block of tofu and crumble it with your hands into the sautéed veg and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add all your seasonings to taste and stir in the chopped spring onions.