Sweet and Sour Purple Cabbage
- 3 medium onions
- Sunflower or sesame oil
- ½ medium purple cabbage
- handful sultanas
- umeboshi plum or paste
- Wakame optional
- apple concentrate
- umesu ume plum seasoning
- white miso
- sea salt
- Large wide frying pan or sauté pan. Cut onion quite finely. Heat the oil,
- add onion, salt, stir constantly. Then reduce heat, stir occasionally.
- Slice the cabbage, finely and in any direction. Add to onion with a pinch salt and stir in with the onions. Add about a cup of water or vegetable juice and turn well. Sprinkle in sultanas, add one umeboshi plum or a teaspoon of paste. Cut wakame, if using, into fine slices with kitchen scissors. Stir and mix lovingly. Put the lid on, turn heat to its lowest setting and leave for 20 min.
- Stir, and add a little more liquid if need be. Add a dessertspoon of apple concentrate, a generous sprinkle of umesu (according to how sour you like it) and a teaspoon white miso. Stir and simmer 10 min, lid off.
- The result should be juicy but with no excess liquid. Adjust flavours and allow to rest before transferring to a serving dish.
Recipe to be followed with tasting and intuition!