Tofu & Vegetable Kebabs
Servings 12 people
- 1 Block Fresh firm tofu
- 2 Large Red onions
- 1/4 Butternut squash Or sweet pumpkin
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 12 Small Mushrooms
- 1 Large Red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Shoyu
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger juice
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin Or rice syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Pinch Chilli powder Or a small sliced fresh chilli
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted sesame oil (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients. Cut the tofu into 12 cubes and blanch in boiling water for 1 min. Drain and dry and place in the marinade for 2 hours, turning from time to time.
- Slice squash, onions and red pepper into bite-sized chunks, add the mushrooms, oil, shoyu and mirin and bake slowly in the oven (gas mark7) until the vegetables become very sweet (45mins-1 hour) turning from time to time.
- Cut the broccoli into flowerets and blanch in boiling water for 2-3 mins, keeping the bright green colour. Drain and cool in cold, salted water.
- Place one piece of each type of vegetable and 1 piece of tofu onto each kebab stick.