Tied Asparagus Bundles
This simple recipe for asparagus works best with pencil thin spears and are a great accompaniment to risotto or fish.
Servings 2 people
- 5-6 Spears of asparagus, trimmed
- 2 Spring onions, green part only
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Capers (in brine water)
- 1 Teaspoon Brown rice malt syrup
- Bring 2 cups of water to the boil & add a pinch of sea salt.
- Blanche the spring onions for 30 seconds only and remove with chop sticks or tongs and immediately plunge into cold water to keep their vibrant green colour.
- Bring the water to boil again, add the asparagus, cover and turn down the flame to simmer for 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove & cool a little before tying together with the onion leaves.
- For the dressing - whisk or blend all the ingredients together & drizzle over asparagus.