Hearty Winter Vegetable Soup
As the weather becomes more chilly we need more hearty warming foods, and soup is a good way to get start any meal. This soup is made with seasonal autumn vegetables such as onions, squash and carrots, seasoned with umame tasting miso, and has the added benefit of delicious rice pasta cooked in - so it could be a meal in itself! Feel free to add different vegetables and extra herbs as you wish.
Servings 3 people
- 1 large onion
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 piece of sweet squash cubed
- 1 medium leek sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- small bunch of fresh coriander or parsley chopped
- ½ Cup of uncooked rice pasta
- 1 Tbs miso
- 1 bay leaf
- A few pieces of dried dulse sea vegetable
- 1 tsp olive or sesame oil
- 5 cups water
- Slice the onion finely and sautee in the oil until golden and transparent.
- Add the carrot, squash, leek and celery and a couple of pinches of seasalt and continue to sautee for a few minutes.
- Add the water, pasta, dulce and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cook until the pasta and the veg pieces are fairly soft (8-10 mins)
- Add the miso and let simmer gently for a couple of minutes. Serve with the chopped coriander or parsley.