Best Lemon Mousse!
Servings 4 people
- 4 tbsps Lovely left over oat porridge
- 1 tbsp Oat, rice or almond milk
- 1 drop Organic vanilla essence
- 1 dessert-spoon Lemon zest
- 4 tbsps Lemon juice to taste
- Rice syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 dessert-spoon ground Almonds
- Place left-over porridge, say 4 tablespoonfuls, into large mixing bowl. Imagine what texture you want the dessert to be today. Let’s say medium thick. To achieve this, add approx’ 1 table-poon milk, 3/4 table-spoon lemon juice, 1 dessert-spoon lemon zest and mix with hand blender.
- Add 1 or 2 drops organic vanilla essence and rice syrup. Blend until fine and creamy smooth and lemony but not OTT…..now taste - a tad more of sweetener or its’ perfectly yum - suddenly too thin - add a bit of ground almond, blend.
- To finish, place in a dessert-spoon of ground almonds (lightly toasted or not toasted) in the bottom of dessert bowls or glasses, then spoon on top the lemon mousse until it’s a fingers width from the top. Swirl with a fork.
- Decorate with 2 fine cut slices of lemon or 3 toasted almonds or sprinkle of toasted sliced almonds. Place in fridge or not. Practice makes perfect. Enjoy!
Keep in the kitchen cupboard a packet of Japanese fine paper umbrella’s in all different colours, for dessert ‘happy presentation’ that always delight.