Asparagus with White Miso and Mustard Sauce
- 1 bunch fresh Asparagus
- 2 Tbs white Miso
- 3 Tsp Dijon style prepared Mustard (or whole grain mustard)
- 2-3 Tbs water or vegetable stock
- Trim away the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Cook the asparagus spears in a few inches of water with a pinch of sea salt until tender, but still firm and bright green.
- Mix the mustard, white miso and water (or stock) together, and serve over the freshly cooked asparagus.
Asparagus is only in season for a few weeks each year and can be enjoyed then as something special. Asparagus is a good source of antioxidants and vitamins including vitamins K, C, A and it is very delicious, especially when teamed up with this sauce.