Summer Salad with Tofu
- 1 tablespoon
cilantro or herb of choicefinely minced
- 2 cups chinese cabbage finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber peeled and finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 radishes
- 3/4 teaspoon
block firm tofu crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- Mix the tofu and umeboshi together. Set aside to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Place the Chinese cabbage, celery, cucumbers and radishes into a bowl. Add the salt and mix through.
- Place a plate on top of the vegetables. Add a weight such as a small jug of water and press for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the weight from the salad and discard any liquid.
- Sprinkle with brown rice vinegar.
- Add the cilantro and tofu to the salad, mix gently and serve.