Refreshing Lemon Coriander Soup
- 4-6 cups Water
- Small strip of Kombu seaweed
- 3 Chinese Cabbage leaves shredded
- ¼ cup Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 Carrot julienned
- Small handful Spinach or watercress shredded
- 3-4 fresh Shiitake Mushrooms finely sliced
- pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup fresh Coriander cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh Coriander finely chopped for garnish
- Dash of Olive Oil optional
- 2 tablespoons White Miso diluted in a little of the soup broth
- Juice of a Lemon
- Black Pepper
- Bring the water and kombu to a boil and add the chopped coriander. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the coriander and kombu.
- Add the vegetables and shiitake and sea salt. Return to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with the diluted white miso.
- Serve hot with a dash of olive oil and garnished with the remaining fresh coriander and lemon juice
- Can add a little black pepper for an extra zip.