Happy Holiday Salad
- 2 cups Winter Squash Cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Basil Finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper Freshly ground
- 2 cups Mushrooms Thickly sliced
- 4 cups Arugula
- ½ block Firm Tofu
- ½ cup
- 1 tbsp Umeboshi vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Put the squash in a roasting tin with 1-2 tablespoons of oil, and season well. Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once, until the squash is soft and colored round the edges.
- Add the umeboshi vinegar to the crumbled tofu and mix well.
- Place a tablespoon of oil into a skillet over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms and a little salt and pepper, and sauté for a few minutes, until any liquid they release has evaporated, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the squash and the just-warm mushrooms with the arugula and tofu. Add the basil and a generous dash of balsamic vinegar.