Vegetables Kids will love: This simple salad packs well in lunch boxes and is a great after school treat as well.
- 4 slices
packaged baked smoked tofu
- 1 small red onion small dice
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 spring onions
very thinly sliced
- ½ roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Several slices toasted sourdough bread cut into triangles
- Shred the tofu slices with a sharp knife, creating irregular, angular pieces.
- Mix with vegetables, seasoning and vegan mayo until ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Chill thoroughly before serving. This salad is great on a bed of fresh, crisp spring greens or served as a hearty sandwich.
Do the Dipping Kids love dipping; and raw vegetables paired with tasty dips make the perfect lunchbox treat, after-school snack, or first course at dinnertime. Young children served vegetables before anything else ate 47% more (of the vegetable that is). Try a healthy dip, such as hummus. Bonus: It's made with chickpeas which do count as a vegetable!