Seasonal Spiced Apple Punch
This simple non-alcoholic spicy drink is served hot and is deeply relaxing – a glass or two is a good way to start the festive season! It works best with apple juice made from concentrate (you can make your own or buy ready made) rather than fresh cloudy apple juice. It can be reused and added to over several days, the flavour improves! A good drink for all the family including children.
- 2 quarts Apple juice made with concentrated apple juice
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Star Anise
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Orange or 4 Tangerines or mix of both
- Maple syrup to taste optional
- Heat the apple juice to a gentle simmer and add the cinnamon sticks, star anise and cloves and allow to brew on a gentle heat for 15-20 mins.
- Squeeze the juice from one orange or two tangerines and add to the hot apple juice. Slice the remaining orange/ tangerines ready to add to the punch before serving.
Maple syrup can be added if you want a sweeter taste.