Red Radish Quick Pickles
Homemade pickles are a great addition to any meal. They add a refreshing sharp taste, as well as aiding digestion with their active live enzymes. Red radish pickles are one of the quickest and most colourful pickles to make and are ready in only one to two days. They are easy and foolproof: perfect for the first-time pickle maker as well as the more experienced!
- 1 bunch Red radish pickles
- ¾ cup boiled Water cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup Red plum seasoning (Umeboshi Vinegar)
- Wash the radishes well, and remove leaves if they have them. Trim the tops and tails of the radishes and slice them all finely.
- Place in a clean jam jar or bowl. Add the cooled water and red plum seasoning to cover.
- Leave for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain and use, or store in the fridge in the liquid for up to 3 days.