Lu-Ma's Cauliflower Soup
Yummy and nutritious, Cauliflower Soup is a favourite of our friends over at Lu-Ma Café. Enjoy their recipe to warm up a cold February day.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- ½ salt
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups bullion stock
- tsp ½ground white pepper
- tsp ¼grated nutmeg
- 2 cups oat milk
- 2 tbsp Parsley finely chopped optional
- In a large pot, add the olive oil.
- Add onions and salt, cook the onions until soft adjusting the heat to prevent browning.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add cauliflower and mix in, then simmer for approx 3 mins.
- Add broth and bring to boil
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and leave to cook until the cauliflower is tender (approx 10 mins).
- Using a hand held blender puree the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Add the milk and cook over a medium – low heat until hot.
- Stir in parsley (optional)