Workshops with Trish Dent Autumn 2019
Wild about Fermentation Workshop
Saturday 5th October | 10 am to 1 pm
Venue: Spexhall Village Hall, Church Lane, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 0RQ
Contact Trish Dent to register
The value of fermented foods to our health is now in mainstream news. Fermented foods are rich in bacteria and other micro-organisms that benefit both our guts and our health. These tasty foods are often rich in enzymes and vitamins too. In this workshop:
- I’ll share the benefits of culturing and consuming good bacteria, including recent research
- You’ll taste a range of fermented foods and drinks, including Kimchi, kefir, beetroot kvass, kefir cheese, sauerkraut, other fermented veggies, nut cheeses, fermented gluten-free crackers and wraps
- I’ll show you how to make these products
- The do’s and don’ts of making ferments safely
- You’ll make your vegetable ferment to take home
- News about natural prebiotic foods
Some of these are wonderful healing drinks: beetroot kvass, packed with vitamins and beneficial bacteria; kefir, made from local raw milk or coconut milk can be fermented into yoghurt or cheese. Full notes are provided.
These are hands-on workshops.
Cost £48. Full payment secures your place.
To register, contact Trish on 01986 780939 or email me