- This event has passed.
Wild about Fermentation with Trish Dent
August 26, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:15 pm£79
Dates to be announced for 2020 | 10 am to 3.15 pm
Venue: Trish’s Kitchen, 2 Grove Farm Cottages, Hall Rd, Spexhall, Halesworth IP19 0RR
Fermentation of foods for our health is now mainstream news. Fermented foods are rich in bacteria that benefit our guts and are often rich in enzymes and vitamins. In this workshop:
- · I’ll share the benefits of culturing and consuming good bacteria
- · The do’s and don’ts of making ferments safely
- · You’ll make your vegetable ferment to take home
- · You get to taste a range of fermented foods and drinks
- · We’ll share lunch, rich in fermented and sprouted foods
- · Why soaking and sprouting is essential for your wellbeing; plus how to soak effectively
- · I’ll show you an easy-peasy way to make almond milk
- · Natural prebiotic foods
I’ll also show you how to make wonderful healing drinks: beetroot kvass, packed with vitamins and beneficial bacteria; and kefir, made from local raw milk or coconut milk. Full notes provided.
This is a hands-on workshop. I discuss and demonstrate what and why. Recipes and supporting information will be provided on the day in the form of a comprehensive “handout”.
Price £79. A deposit of £40 secures your place.
To register, contact Trish on 01986 780939 or email