Creamy Tofu “Cheese”
Plant-based cheeses are becoming hugely popular, and this recipe, using tofu as the main ingredient, is simple to make, healthy and delicious. You can add extra herbs, such as dill, for a variety of taste.
- 1 block fresh medium firm tofu
- 1 Tbs white miso
- 1 tsp umeboshi paste
- 1 tsp tahini
- 2 tsp brown rice vinegar or lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp concentrated apple juice or brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbs sauerkraut juice optional
- Water to make blending easy
- 4 Tbs chopped chives or spring onions
- Break the block of tofu into quarters and blanch in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Put the tofu pieces in a food processor and add all the remaining ingredients, except for the water and the spring onions.
- Blend all the ingredients together, adding a little water if necessary to make the blending more smooth. Stir in the chives or chopped spring onions, and your tofu cheese is ready to go!
It can be used with pasta, as a topping for pizza or as a filling for wraps, or as a part of a healthy meal.