Chunky Beetroot & Pumpkin Soup
Servings 2 people
- 2 Beetroot bulbs Cut into small chunks
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Cut into small chunks
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Umeboshi puree
- 1 Tablespoon Rice syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 Spring onions
- Place onions, carrots, beetroot, pumpkin into saucepan, add 3 cups water & ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in umeboshi puree by scooping out a little water and mixing it with umeboshi puree to form smooth paste.
- Add to saucepan with rice syrup.
- Stir well & taste.
- If you feel more seasoning is needed, add a little more umeboshi paste.
- Serve with fine cut spring onions, a teaspoon of sugar free horseradish, slice of lemon.